Bachelor degree in Business Administration or Finance & Accounting from a recognized university, and an MBA is preferable.
Strategic& Operational Skills:
- Assist the General Manager in the development and implementation of QNCC’s overall commercial strategy.
- Formulate the strategy, annual business plans, budgets, policies and procedures of the Commercial Department to support the organizational business strategy of QNCC.
- Ensure that the Department’s plans are within agreed budgets and timescales.
- Set performance objectives and regularly review performance of the Commercial Department.
- Collaborate with the relevant Heads and Managers in order to ensure that the overall function within QNCC is operating effectively and efficiently towards achieving high operating standards and confirming implementation of efficient and effective processes, policies and procedures.
- Set, manage and control the budget to facilitate the delivery and execution of the Department strategy.
- Direct the preparation and justification of the budget to ensure all programs and activities are appropriately funded and provide guidance where necessary.
- Ensure that the Department’s business plans are within agreed budgets and timescales. Provide timely, accurate and complete progress reports to the General Manager and management committees on the financial and operational progress of the Department.
- Create and evaluate Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for performance monitoring for the entire Department and monitor their achievements on a regular basis.
- Ensure maintenance of the highest standards of professional conduct, ethics and integrity in provision of the services in the Department.
- Develop a pro-active staff communications culture within the Commercial Department through enhancements of Commercial processes and systems to ensure all employees are fully aware of Commercial objectives, policies and procedures.
- Oversee that the annual Procurement planning is effectively carried out
- Handle, manage and report to the GM and T&PC, all procurement related complaints received
- Ensure the implementation of Commercial Department strategy in accordance with the overall strategy of QNCC.
- Ensure the implementation of objectives of the departments under the Commercial Department
- Review the performance of departments under the Commercial Department on a regular basis.
- Review and approve procurement activities and contracts as per the delegation of authority matrix
- Provide input in the vendor evaluation criteria and participate in vendor evaluation
- Ensure an effective internal communications structure to provide regular information to all staff on QNCC’s strategy, business plans and performance.
- Provide expert knowledge and advice to the General Manager on Commercial related issues to optimize manpower utilization.
- Manage documentation and records to support all Commercial transactions and operations.
- Ensure the completion and submission of Statutory, Government and Industry requested statistical data.
- Monitor and review the budgets along with the business development of the company for various commercial issues.
- Ensure preparation of technical and financial proposals, prequalification documents and expression of interest (EOI) in accordance with different international formats for different engineering disciplines.
- Develop bold marketing, company structure, company policies, job descriptions, and coordinate with the Human Resources Department on providing training programme to develop the team.
- Analyze the market situation and competition and take timely decisions regarding marketing, advertising, pricing and inventory management.
- Manage price and margin control, product management and product development, and maintain excellent relations with the principals.
- Devise market strategies, market segmentation, pricing vs. product positioning; environment analysis, market analysis, positioning of products/services vis-à-vis strategic implications in the relevant markets.
- Advise and decide on the best methods to resolve contractual issues to manage finalization of accounts.
- Represent QNCC in dealings with employer groups, industry associations, unions and other relevant bodies as required.
- Ensure that adequate controls are in place for all activities within the Department and that all Sections within the Department are adequately geared to achieve the Company’s Strategy.
About 9-11 years of related experience of which a minimum of 3-5 years should be in a similar position / responsibility, preferably in a similar Industry.
Responsible for developing QNCC’s commercial strategy, handling daily activities and business issues, managing QNCC associations, and recognizing business opportunities. Oversee QNCC’s Procurement Management, Store and Sales. Constantly communicate and negotiate with clients or business associates and continuously work to strategically expand, preserve or improve the Company’s procedures, standards or policies while sticking to business ethics and regulatory guidelines.
Good communication skill. English is must, Arabic is an advantage